Saturday, December 6, 2008

In Kauai with the ladies

In November, I hung out with my good friends Ann and Nicolette in Kauai for 7 days of relaxation and exploration. It was Nic's first time in the Hawaiian Islands and it was super fun to see her experience it. As Murphy's law would have it, it rained for several days, but we were able to get some sunnin' in too. Thank God! What I loved about this trip was that I got to learn new things about friends I've known for many years. Ann, you can be super decisive and like to exit a vehicle immediately. No lollygaggin'. Nic, you can definitely go with the flow and you have quite the power to manifest. "Hm, I want to see a sea turtle." Next thing you know I almost trip over one. What?? Let's manifest more travel together!! Love you two ladies.


Nic's feet for the first time on a Hawaiin beach.

Salt Flats Beach, went snorkeling, and at sunset we high tailed it to buy beer and watch the view from a different location. Ended up seeing a shark in the bay!



Sacred Forest on Kauai
Found this little hidden forest off a residential road. Met some people from India who explained that the seeds from these trees were thought to keep one's heart strong. Nic and I made like these Hindus and gathered some seeds for ourselves.



Z at the norther end beach at the end of the main road. One of my favorite beaches.



Ann hiking down to a hidden beach in Princeville. Thanks to the cool book her mom lent her we found this little spot of beach. There were only surfers and 2 gals taking up the only sunny patch of sand there was. If it weren't for the riptide warning she'd of gone swimming there.










Posted by Picasa

No comments: